Throughout December 2010, Optical Express, Europe’s leading laser eye surgery provider, ran a competition for four lucky customers to win 46″ state of the art Samsung televisions. The results are in. Drum roll please, the winners are: Mrs. Frances Ross from Worchester, Mr. David Tomlinson of Stonehaven, Ms. Patricia Carvill from Cambridge and Miss. Susan Twin in Kent.
To enter the competition every winner attended a free laser consultation in December and their 46″ Samsung Full HD LED televisions were delivered at the beginning of the year.
Winner David Tomlinson said: “I couldn’t believe it when I got the call. Our old telly was tiny but my wife wasn’t keen on getting a super telly so I had never bought us one. When it arrived, she was unsure at the size of it but I’ve never known us to watch so much telly together. I had my successful laser eye procedure in January so the combination of good sight with a super telly has really improved my lifestyle.”
The specifications of the televisions are:
• Samsung 1080p Full HD LED TV with 4 HDMI and Freeview
• Wide Colour Enhancer Pro gives some of the fullest, most lifelike colours ever seen on a TV
• Transfer your videos, music and photos from PC or mobile device wirelessly
• Anynet+ enables one-touch control any compatible Samsung device connected via HDMI
• Digital noise filter to reduce signal interference and reproducing clear images with sharp details
Patricia Carvill from Cambridge commented: “It’s brilliant, I’m delighted. My favourite soap is Eastenders so I’ve been following the Kat, Alfie and Ronnie storyline closely in HD. It’s so funny my husband truly believes that his football team’s (Celtic) recent lucky streak is because we have a new big TV!”